Saturday, February 17, 2018

Mixed Media Canvas Art with Sheena Douglass 3D Stencil

Hello Everyone!

Today, I'm going to share with you one of my recent favorite piece of art! Guess what? Yes, it's a mixed media canvas.. :)




 I made this art for my best friend, who lives in Bangladesh.. She got married recently, & luckily I got a chance to send her a gift with someone! I wasn't too sure what to do, but I decided to keep the base blue & obviously create something with "Sheena" douglass collection!



At first, I created a white & prussian blue mixed background, which I loved so much, that it took me a lot of courage (?!) to start working over it! Then, to create a textured look, I used pink & mermaid teal acrylic paint over Sheena Create-A-Flower: Dissolving Planets (I made another project with this stencil. You can read about that Here). Although it looked okay, I couldn't like the result.. I was soooo confused what to add now! It took me 3 days to decide to add a flower, finally! 

I couldn't add too dimensional objects, as I had to ship it to another state & then it would be carried in the luggage. So, I decided to use this beautiful new 3D stencil from Sheena Douglass.. This is the Sheena 3D stencil- "Sunflower". I just picked an old dictionary page, pasted it to a thin cardstock, Stencilled it with yellow-orange-red for the flower & yellow-green for the leaves & stem. & then glued it on the canvas.. Then I drawed some rough details with a pen & added Glass bead gel & some Microbeads at the center.. Also, to match the background with the flowers I mixed some modeling paste & yellow paint & used it with this stencil..  



As a finishing touch, I added some white gesso splatters & painted the side of the canvas black! :) 
 

Hope you liked my art! Let me know if you would like to see more blog posts like this! 

Thank you!

Tavana <3

No comments:

Post a Comment