Friday, February 2, 2018

Changing theme: Valentine's Day cards made with Christmas die

Hello everyone!
If you are a fan of Crafter's Companion, you may already know how amazing is the "Sara Signature Scandinavian Christmas" collection is! There are two mixed media dies in this set.. One of them is called Love Birds... This die is beautiful! It is perfect for christmas ornaments & many more other projects..



I was planning to make some Valentine's Day themed card for my Etsy shop & was looking for any heart shaped die in my collection! I found this, which seemed perfect to me! :)
So, I die cut some red hearts from the Candy Red shimmering cardstock & put them in the center of the card & topped it with a little vellum heart & a sentiment on black cardstock.. I have used 3 different colored shimmering cardstocks (Pink PearlSilver Starlight & Gold Dust) for the background & Gold Mirror Luxury Cardstock for the border.. For base I have used Kraft Cardstock..








I loved the way it turned out.. The vellum heart made the card design extra special! Don't you think?! :)



When I cut the heart of red shimmering card, I was actually planning to use the base of the card.. But later I came with the idea of that one.. So, I had some red bases where the heart was cut out from.. I also had some tiny die cut leftover bits.. So, I cut a another heart wit the same die, this time out of a gold glitter luxury cardstock & did some diecut inlay with the red leftover pieces... It may look easy, but it was very difficult for me to get those little pieces in proper places!



But, I loved the end result! I intentionally kept it simple.. without any sentiment or embellishments.. Now it can be used for any occasions!

In case, you want to check these cards on my shop: 

Click Here for these cards.. 


 Click Here for this one!


Hope you all liked my cards.. Thank you!

Tavana

No comments:

Post a Comment