Saturday, August 26, 2017

The Mosaic Dome Die & My Eid Cards

Hello everyone!
Remember my last post on Eid Greetings Cards? After having success on selling those cards on my Etsy shop, I decided to create some more for Eid-al-adha.. I was a little busy with my DT projects & household chores & had a lot of trials & errors.. So, I am too late to sell cards this time! But, still ended up creating 8 pairs of cards.. 






My cards are of 2 types.. Some are made with watercolor backgrounds.. & some with a beautiful dome diecut!



This pair of cards are made with the a beautiful Mosaic Dome die set by Altenew.. I just cut some Shimmering Cardstocks (the colors are sooo beautiful! you'll love it!) from the Crafter's Companion & stamped Eid Mubarak from the Eid Greetings Stamp set by altenew.. 



 
These are also created with the same die.. The only difference is, on the green-red cards I die cut the dome on the card front & inserted the other diecut piece.. But, here I just topped the golden dome on the card front.. Easy, right? For the dome, I used golden Luxury Cardstock from the Crafter's Companion (check these out! there are soooo many amazing colors!!!) 



 
This pair is created using the watercolor resist technique.. I used Ranger gold embossing powder & Clear embossing powder for embossing the stamp image & to create the resist.. Then I used the smooching technique with watercolors.
Oh, I forgot to mention! Currently I am in love with watercoloring! I wish I could watercolor everyday, all day long! I have been introduced to watercolor recently for my DT projects & oh my! I loved it! I used Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers for watercoloring.. & also Aqua Watercolour cardstock... 


 
Here is my another watercolor card.. I created a background with the watercolor markers & then added 2 diecut doilies with golden sentiments.. The doilies are made with the Verity Rose Doily metal die (get it if you like it! these are on clearance sale, & once these are gone, are gone forever! ).. Loved the resulted look!

Hope you liked my cards.. I am really enjoying the papaercrafting! But, still I miss mixed media! I hope my next post will be on a mixed media project! InshAllah..

That's all for today.. Let me know if you liked my work..
Thank you

Tavana

No comments:

Post a Comment