Friday, August 11, 2017

Sheena Douglass Winter Scenic Collection

Hello Everyone! Today I'm going to write about some amazing stamp & dies sets by Sheen Douglass. These sets are from Crafter's Companion coming on HSN on August 16, 2017.

These are called Winter Scenic Collections & there are 4 sets in total.. I have made cards with 3 of these..




This Set is called the "Christmas Deer" set. I have used Crafter's Companion prescored card blanks, which is a diorama card. I made 3 layers here.. The background is stamped & then colored. For stamping, I have used the stamp from the set, For the middle part, I have diecut the tree (the die is in the set) & then diecut the front part on the cardfront. There is also a stamp in the set for the deer & the sentiment. I sketched a little with the Spectrum Noir Artliner pens to match the tree trunk with the view.. Isn't that easy?!





This set is called the "Snow Drop" set. I tried to keep this one as simple as possible! I used a prescored "Square Center Step" card. stamped a square white cardstock with the stamp colored it, diecut the flowers & stamped & stick it just over the flower image to create a dimension.. & embossed the sentiment with black embossing powder. Then cut the cardfront & stick the stamped image behind it with hot glue (so that it has a little dimension).. and then I colored it.. For the stepped sides, I diecut with a die from another collection.. I've again used the artliner pens to sketch the parts which do not have stamped images..






This set is called the "Snowman set".. Like the  other sets, this has a stamp for background , a die for the cardfront & another die to match the stamp.. But, in this set, the cardfront has a bird on it (there is also a stamp for the bird). & the bird sits just over the image of the snowman! So, I diecut & stamped the snowman separately & added on the stepped part.. Also I have sketched the leaves that are not stamped.. The prescored card base I have used here is called the "Squared Side Step" Card.

Here was my handmade cards.. There are more amazing cards made by other DT members.. To know more & see more don't forget to check Crafter's Companion Pinterest BoardsInstagram & Facebook page. If you are on facebook, join our watch party to updated all the time! And if you want to know the timing of the show visit this page

Thank you!
Tavana <3

No comments:

Post a Comment