Friday, November 3, 2017

My First Mixed Media Altered Bottle

Hello Everyone!

I haven't written any post for a while.. Got busy with everyday life. But, today I am going to share a project created for my DT, for our next TV launch on HSN 6th November.

Crafter's Companion is coming up with some amazing material packs this time! Cork, Wood Veneer, Craft Metal, Hessian & Denim! I have used Hessian & Denim on today's project I'm going to share..

As a mixed media artist, I am always interested to create altered items.. So, as soon as I got the "Starbucks Frappuccino" bottle in my hand, I knew what to do with this! :)



For altering this bottle, at first I applied gesso all over to prime it well. Primarily I wanted to wanted to keep it white. But, I don't know why, after priming, I thought I should paint it in copper, & as soon as I was done painting, I didn't like it much! So, I applied a light layer of gesso on it.. I liked the final look though..


 
I cut the Hessian material according to my bottle size & used modelling paste on a stencil to add texture. May be I was still missing the white, that's why I added this one! ;)


 
For creating the focus, I used 2 dies from the new Flutterby Collection by Sara Davies which is also coming on HSN.. The whole collection includes lots of amazing dies, stamps, papers & a foil transfer kit.. I cut the denim into different sized butterflies & embellished them with flatback pearls. 

I also added a round piece of Hessian material & denim butterfly on the cap. And finished it by tying a bow with a jute twine on the neck of the bottle. 

 

I was really worried what would it look like , but actually loved it! Let me know how did you like it & if you want to see me doing this type of altered projects more!

Thank you!
Tavana <3


No comments:

Post a Comment